Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Lime Mascarpone Blondies!

I have a huge folder of recipes in our online bookmarks. John has made me divide them into categories because they were becoming.. unruly. (And everyone thinks I am the organized, ocd, neat-freak. HA!) They are currently divided into Baking, Dinners, To Try, and To Try When We Get Back to the US. (Ok. So maybe I am all of the above things.. but he is too! Only about different things.) Unfortunately, my "to try" folder just won't shrink. It keeps growing and growing and growing which means that I just have to keep cooking. Rats. I just hate that. 

This morning I decided to knock a couple of recipes of the list. 

Really, I had too much time on my hands. When that happens, I cook. or bake. or clean. or walk the dog. Today, I chose the bake option. I had a lime and some marscarpone cheese that needed to be used soon so I pulled this recipe out of the folder and tadaa! Oh My Word, good. Make these immediately. It will make your Wednesday much better.




Lime Mascarpone Blondies
adapted from Simplyrecipes.com 

1/2 cup butter, melted
2/3 cup light brown sugar
1/3 cup dark brown sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
8 ounces mascarpone cheese
zest of one lime
juice of one lime
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt
1 cup all-purpose flour


- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease and flour a 9x9 baking dish. 

- In small mixing bowl, whisk together butter and sugar. 


- Add egg and vanilla, whisk to combine. 


- Add lime juice, zest, and mascarpone cheese. Mix well, making sure there are no lumps of cheese. 


- Add remaining ingredients- flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt;stirring well to combine. Batter should be smooth. 


- Pour batter into prepared baking dish. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

 

No comments: