Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Banana Banana Bread

Quick recipe for you today since we are on VACATION this week. Woohooooo! I say that, but we aren't really doing anything this week. John and I went to Italy this morning, going to go into the mountains later this week, and then the beach. Oh, and a dentist appointment for me. Hurray! Love those. Really, I don't hate the dentist but I am not looking forward to this one. At all.

I made this bread the other day because we had a few bananas that were... well... brown. We just didn't eat those Cheerios fast enough I guess. It is moist, tender and sans nuts. John says it tastes like a bread form of banana pudding. What more do you need to know? 


Banana Bread
adapted from allrecipes

2 cups all purpose Flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
4 medium bananas

Method
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x5 in loaf pan. (I made muffins because I didn't bring a loaf pan to France... )
- Cream together butter and brown sugar. Add eggs and bananas, mix well. 
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda and salt. Add banana mixture to this until well incorporated.  
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake until toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean. (about 60 minutes)
- Let loaf cool for 10 minutes, turn out onto wire wrack to complete cooling. 

 

No comments: