Monday, September 6, 2010

On a Personal Note

I wouldn't normally make the blog so personal,  but I think today I will make an exception. My husband, John, and I had a rough weekend. As did many of the people that we know back in the US. Our wonderful friend and former pastor passed away. Jonate was only 31 years old and he and his wife had just had their first child. He was an amazing influence on both of our lives and taught us and thousands of others how to worship and grow in spiritual maturity. There are genuinely no words. All that I ask is that you would lift his wife, little girl, and the rest of their family in your prayers. 

I also lost my "Dickson Granny" this weekend. Growing up, my family lived about 6 hours from the rest of our extended Family so we adopted aunts, uncles, brothers, and one Granny -Granny Mary. She was wonderful fun and always treated my mom, dad, and I just like we were her own. Days at her house were filled with laughter, lemonade, and frozen Reese's cups. 


Jonate and Granny- You will both be missed greatly. Thank you for the laughs, tears, jokes, and lessons learned. May you both rest in God's perfect peace.

No comments: