Friday, April 9, 2010

Tzatziki!

Everytime I say that word I just smile.. It is just such a fun one! This is a Greek dish, and with my love of the movie, "My Big Fat Greek Wedding", whenever I say Tatziki I just want to throw a plate and yell "Oopa!" 

I have to give a big shout to my brother who sent me the recipe. John and I had this while we were visiting with him in the States a few weeks ago and once we tasted it, we fell in love.. I forgot to get the recipe while we were there and now that it is warming up here in Nice I decided to change that. One email later and we were eating a delicious dip! Everything about this dish is cool and refreshing- perfect on a warm sunny day while sitting in the sun or after you get back from a day at the beach. 

Tzatziki

*All measurements are up for adjustment. Make this to your own taste! 

Pint of Greek Yogurt
1 Tablespoon dill (Fresh, chopped)
1 cucumber, shredded. *Do this on a plate and dry the cucumber with a paper towel Otherwise you will have a runny dip!  
3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
2 Tablespoons of White wine vinegar
Salt and Pepper to taste

Mix well and enjoy! Great with Tortilla chips, bread, anything...... :-) 
Have a wonderful weekend!




No comments: