Friday, April 2, 2010

Happy Good Friday!

I love the Easter Season. It is such a great time of renewal and celebration. The Earth is refreshing itself, (at least in the Northern hemisphere... sorry for my Southern hemi friends who are heading into winter... ) and we should be refreshed in the knowledge that Christ is alive and well; that the tomb was empty. I wish for all of my readers a wonderful Easter weekend filled with joy, remembrance, and praise.

Since I haven't done a recipe in a while, I thought I would break the trend with a great cookie recipe that I...tweaked..  last night. We had enough leftovers for dinner, so since I didn't have to cook, I decided to bake. (Although, I really never need an excuse to bake.) The recipe is based off of an Oatmeal Raisin recipe that I found on Martha Stewart's website, which are equally great. But last night I didn't have any raisins.. and I had chocolate... sooooo.. The cookies turned into Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies. Ooohhh man are they tasty. 



Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies


1/2 Cup Butter (the real stuff.no subs!) softened, at room temp. 
1 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1 Large Egg
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
3/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
2 Cups Quick Cooking oats
1/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
About 3/4 cup Coarsely Chopped Dark Baking Chocolate
          ( If you have chocolate chips, use them, but use Dark Chocolate ones.)

- With a mixer, blend together the brown sugar and butter. After this is mixed well, add the egg and vanilla. Mix all of these ingredients well and make sure there are no clumps of butter in the mix. 

- Next, add the flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix these by hand, so as not to over mix the dough. 

-Finally, add your chocolate. 

- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto a large baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes depending on your oven.

These are fantastically tasty and, not -quite- as bad for you as some cookies.. I mean, they do have lots of oats in them. Right? :-) 

Happy Easter Everyone! See you Monday! 
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." 
Matthew 28:19-20


original recipe can be found here.


No comments: