Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Yum-O

Oh. My. Word. I think I might have said that phrase at least 2 or 3 times during lunch yesterday. I met a friend for lunch at a coffee shop in Nice. (Best place I have found for coffee in Nice. Period.) The last time we were there we noticed that they had bagels on the menu for lunch. Now, for all of you in the United States, you will not understand this at all, but at the sight of the word "bagel" my friend and I immediately started salivating and making plans to have lunch there soon. It has been over a year since my last bagel with cream cheese and I PROMISE this was the very best bagel I have ever had. Not because it was really that good but because I actually had one to eat. Fantastic chewy-ness paired with the smooth rich cream cheese. I had almost forgotten how wonderful they were. My goal now- make sure every English speaking person in Nice know where to get their bagel fix. The Place- Emilie's Cookies in the city center.


On to the next order of business...
I found a recipe on Martha Stewart's website last week for an asian peanut butter pasta dish. When I told John about it he literally curled his nose and said, "Ugh. Really?" My reply, "Yes, really. You will like it, I promise." Guess what- I was right. He did love it and even wanted to go buy stuff to make it again the next night. Therefore, this dish has a major stamp of approval from our house!
Not only is it super tasty but it is super simple too!

Asian Peanut Butter Pasta
Ingredients
12 oz Whole Wheat Pasta
1 Bunch Broccoli, cut into small-ish pieces ie- what you would want for stir fry
1 Red Bell Pepper, cut into strips
1 Large Onion, cut into strips
1/4 Cup Smooth Peanut Butter
3 Tbls Dark Brown Sugar
1 Tbls Balsamic Vinegar
2 Tbls Soy Sauce
2 Garlic cloves ( I used a garlic press. You can do the same or mince them.)
1/2 to 1 Tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes

Method
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta about halfway. Add the broccoli, pepper, and onion. Cook until veggies are tender and noodles are al denti.

-While this is cooking, in a seperate bowl mix together the remaining ingredients to make the sauce.

- Drain the water from the pasta and veggies, return to the pot. Add the sauce, mix well and serve.

So easy yet so so good! Enjoy!

Recipe modified from here

No comments: