Thursday, February 11, 2010

Snow Day!


Well, I had a different blog planned for today but I suppose it can wait until tomorrow! Today it is SNOWING like CRAZY in the beautiful cote d'azur! I know, I know, everyone in the United States is tired of snow. But I'm not! The flakes have been about the size of a half dollar and the ground is actually beginning to be white. The best part- I had no idea it was going to snow. So, there is no false hope from the weather man who says it will snow and it doesn't. Now, if only John could leave work early and come home, it would be perfect!

I am pretty sure that "snow day" is synonymous with "baking day" so this morning I decided to make some muffins. I might have, possibly, sort of, made up the recipe as I went along.. but hey, as long as they taste alright there's no harm in making things up. (Unless you are my hubby who thinks that everything should be standardized... We agree to disagree on this subject.) Fortunately, I did actually keep up with the amounts I added, so they are repeatable. And, even luckier for you- I am going to share!



Blueberry Banana Muffins

Ingredients

- 1 to 2 ripe bananas
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon strong coffee
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- about 1 tablespoon of milk ( add as needed)

Method

1) Add all dry ingredients to large mixing bowl- flour, sugar, salt, and soda. Blend well.

2) Add in the vanilla, coffee, egg, and bananas. Mix well. Do not over mix or muffins will not rise. If batter still looks a little dry, add milk.

3) Finally, add blueberries. Mix as little as possible so as to not break open the berries and have umpa lumpa muffins.

4) Divide mix evenly between your lined muffin tins. (makes about 12) Bake at 375 for 18-20 minutes. (depending on your oven, it could take longer.)



Enjoy your snow days everyone! I know Sadie and I will!

No comments: