Thursday, May 6, 2010

Family Favorite

This recipe is a Saylor family favorite. There are a few recipes of my Mom's that are just classics. They are always requested, and always gone reeeeaalllly quickly. A couple of months ago Mom sent me the cake mix needed for the recipe just so I could make some and I have been saving up for just the right time. (Like I do a lot of things from the States- microwavable popcorn, crunchy Cheetos, coffee creamer, Reese's pieces, etc, etc....You have to ration.) Well, this weekend was the right time evidently because I had a huge craving for them, only with one small tweek. Add Chocolate. Everything is better with chocolate in it, right?

Chess Bars
Bottom layer
1 box "Butter Recipe" cake mix
1 (1/2 cup) stick melted butter 
1 egg (beaten)
1/2 to 3/4 cup of dark chocolate chips (Or, chopped dark chocolate) 
-Mix these 4 ingredients together in a large bowl. When well combined, press mixture into a 9X13 inch pan
Top Layer
1 8 oz cream cheese
2 eggs
3/4 lb powdered sugar 
1 teaspoon vanilla
-Mix these 4 ingredients together with a mixer and then pour over cake mixture already in the pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes.

No comments: