Tuesday, September 15, 2009

It's raining, It's pouring...

Growing up living in Tennessee and then moving to Kentucky, I have always been relatively used to rain on a regular basis. Especially the occasional thunderstorm thrown in as a wonderful, noisy bonus right as you are falling asleep. There is nothing more relaxing. Except for maybe a spa treatment.....
The south of France in a whole other story. This summer, we have gone without rain for about 3 months. Really. The weather has been beautiful- sunny, cloudless days, always nice and warm. But every once in a while, you need a break from the sun. You need a day that is perfect for curling up with a blanket and a good book, and drinking a cup of coffee. Or, just a day when you have to say, "Well, I can't do anything today because of the rain." Lazy days are wonderful, but I HATE the thought of wasting time when I could be doing something more "productive".
Today, my lazy, coffee drinking day has arrived. For the first time in months, we have had a steady rain all day! I don't think I have ever appreciated rain more- the smell in the air, the cool breeze, the sound of tires on a wet road, and the green green leaves turned to soak up the rain.
Thank you Lord for this beautiful rain!

No comments: