Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A day in.... Well.. that was interesting.

I am cheating today.I don't have a picture for you..and I am not feeling so great. So, today you get a funny story.
Since we don't have a clothes dryer, (and most people in France do not) I have to hang the clothes up outside on a rack and wait for them to dry. Well, this means that what used to be laundry day has become laundry 2 or 3 days. So, this morning I finished washing the dishes, put a load of clothes in the washer, and started it up. Forgot one simple little thing- hanging the drain hose over into the sink. (Oh, this is also pretty common. Not fun, but common.) Time lapse- around 35 minutes- water is everywhere. Literally, my entire kitchen, small as it may be, has about a half inch of standing water. It is running under the cabinets and into the living room. ARGH! With the help of 3 beach towels, 3 regular bathroom towels, and about 30 minutes with a hairdryer stuck at the base of the cabinets to blow the water out... it is finally dry.
Bet I don't forget to put the hose in the sink again.

No comments: