Friday, February 18, 2011

Saying the "See you later's"

I have a general rule. I don't say "goodbye". It's too hard, too final, too.... serious. So, for the past week, I have been saying "I'll see you soon" or "We'll see you later". And, it's true. John and I will be back. We are not gone forever from France, only for a while. 

People ask us often whether we had a lot of friends in France and the answer, honestly, is no. We had a small group of friends, scattered across several age groups and nationalities and work places but man, are we going to miss them. Some of the most wonderful people I have ever known are living in France. They have helped us buy cars, find doctors and dentists and optometrists, taken us to their favorite places, and taken us into their homes. 

When you move to another city, you always wonder what it will be like. Will they be kind? Will we be able to find our way around? Will I ever learn the language? Do I reeealllyyy have to eat the snail? And, for the most part, the answer is yes to all the above. But the only way we ever made it through the tough parts of our life here is thanks to the amazing people we met.

So, before I get all blubbery in a blogpost, to each and everyone of you- Thank you. We would never have made it without you. And, we will see you so so soon!

And, to all of our friends and families in the US, We love you and we will see you next week!

No comments: