Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies

Yes. These are really as amazing as they sound. I found a recipe for these on one of my favorite food blogs,  Serious Eats. While their articles are pretty good, "Photograzing" is my favorite section. I have found a lot of really awesome recipes through this part of the website and I'll be sharing a few more of them with you later on. 

I know I have already posted once today, but I am soooo far behind on the blog and it's raining today so there's really not so much to do. (I have a feeling that in about 4 months the craziness of my life is going to hit me like a brick...) So, last night I made a batch of these and sent them with John to work. And, they have met with French Approval. 

There is a reason that I send things I make with John to work. The French make the best test subjects! They are very picky about their desserts, they have no problem telling you the absolute truth about what you made, and if they like it- they reeeaallllyy like it. 



Nutella Choc. Chip Cookies
Adapted from justjenn
Ingredients
2 1/4 cup AP Flour *If you are using American All Purpose Flour- cut back to 2 cups.
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/2 cup Butter
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup Brown Sugar  minus one Tbls
2 Eggs
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1/4 cup Nutella ( I add a bit more than this.. i.e. a "heaping" 1/4 cup)
1 Cup Chocolate chips
Methods
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter, the sugar and the brown sugar. Add the eggs and the vanilla until combined.
3. In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually add the flour to the butter/sugar mixture until combined. Dough will look almost too thick.
4. Then mix in the chocolate chips and the Nutella. The original recipe says to just swirl it through. I like it to be a little more "mixed". Dough looks a little funny at this point but I promise it bakes perfect. 
5. Drop by the spoonful onto the baking sheets and bake for about 8-10 minutes. After taking them out of the oven, cool for a minute, and move them to cooling racks.



No comments: