Well, John is out of town on business for a few days. This is the first time in our almost 4 years of marriage that I have been home alone without him. Not. A. Fan. So, in case you are ever in the same situation, here are some things for you to do.
1. Catch up on your current favorite TV Show. For me, this week it's Prison Break. Most. Addictive. Show. Ever. I can't stop watching. If you happen to have lived out of the country for a while, like me, you probably have quite a few shows to catch up on.
2. Read a book. Suggestions: Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese, The Help by Kathryn Stockett, The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis, The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls, and Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen.That gives you a few categories to choose from....
3. Watch movies that he wouldn't want to watch. I.e.- romantic comedies. Some of my favorites: My Big Fat Greek Wedding, Pretty Woman, Breakfast at Tiffany's, You've Got Mail, Casablanca, Julie and Julia
4. Do a few extra workouts. Work on that bikini bod. Or board short bod.... Girls go out of town on business too. Maybe I should go back and add a few action thrillers to the movie list?
5. Bake. Bake. Bake. Woooooo!
6. Work out a plan to get that nosey neighbor to leave you alone. My goodness, John and I have had some doozies. Abby, if you are reading this, we miss you guys. It has all gone downhill since you guys moved from Lexington. And, does anyone have any ideas? Not mean ideas, just to... run someone off....
What do you like to do when your significant other is out of town? Or, just when you have a little extra time to yourself?