Friday, December 3, 2010

Winter Dinner

 I have wanted to share these recipes with you for several weeks now but until this week I couldn't get the rain to stop on days when I was cooking so I could take pictures. ( I think you can tell that I don't like the rain. It hinders my plans.) 

The Cheesy-Chive muffins on the right side have quickly become a go-to side item for our winter soups. They are mild in flavor and bring out the flavors in just about any soup.The original recipe is for a loaf but I didn't bring my loaf pans to France. (I also didn't bring muffin pans, pie plates, or a round cake pan. Not sure what I was thinking.. ) They taste the same, I'm sure. Also, I use a combination of cheddar and gruyere cheeses . Whatever cheese you use, make sure it has a pretty strong taste. What's the point of the cheese if you can't even taste it, right?

The Corn Chowder is really delicious too. I have tried 2 or 3 different recipes this winter and thus far, this is my favorite. The original recipe calls for roasted poblano peppers, which we don't have in France, and some jalapenos that you are also hard pressed to find here. I didn't have the poblanos but the jalapenos were amazing. Just that little bit of heat- yum. I will be trying the complete recipe in about 3 months when we had back to the states.

Since I haven't changed anything (other than a lack of peppers) about either recipe, I am just going to add the links. Enjoy guys!

Cheesy Chive Bread
Southwestern Corn Chowder
and, thanks to Susi and Rebecca for these wonderful recipes! 

No comments: