Friday, December 3, 2010

Oookies


 No, that is not a typo. I promise, that is the real name. Along with the names chocolate oatmeal cookies, no bake chocolate cookies, cow pie cookies.... and I know I am forgetting something... If anyone else knows  a name for these delicious little guys let me know! John gave them the name of "oookies" when he couldn't read my handwriting on the recipe and it is now the official name for them around our house.

These cookies are my wonderfully spoiled husband's favorite. (He knows he's spoiled. It's ok if I say it.) I haven't made them so often since we've lived in France just because of our lack of the key ingredient- peanut butter. I was feeling sorry for him this week though so we bought some peanut butter at the store (small jar, big price, not so great pb. BUT it works for cooking!) and I whipped these babies up. 

Now, some people have problems with these cookies, my mom being one of them. I have tweaked this recipe so much, watched it, studied it, and perfected it to the point that I think everyone will be able to succeed. And, I will admit, they taste pretty darn amazing. 


You will need:
1/2 Cup of butter
3 Cups of quick cooking Oatmeal
1/2 Cup of milk
4 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
2 Cups of White Sugar
1/2 Cup plus 2 Tablespoons Smooth Peanut Butter

Method:
First, cook the butter, milk, and sugar in a medium sauce pan. Bring to a boil and let boil for just 15-25 seconds.
Remove from heat and add the peanut butter, oatmeal and cocoa powder. Stir well so there are no lumps of cocoa, peanut butter is completely incorporated, and the oatmeal is coated well. 
Allow mixture to cool for 5-10 minutes. Stir again, should be slightly thick, not runny at all.
Drop by the spoonful onto wax paper or aluminum foil. Allow to cool. 
Eat. Until they are gone. Which won't be long.....


2 comments:

Jennifer Merritt said...

These are my husband's favorite cookie as well!

Stacey said...

Haha! They must be a "manly" cookie!