Things you should know when you visit the Eiffel Tower in August:
1) It's going to be busy. Real Busy.
2) There are two ways to get up. Stairs and Elevators.
3) The Stairs are cheap.
4) The Elevators are not.
5) The lines for the stairs are non-existent.
6) The line for the Elevators will wrap all the way around the base of the tower.
7) If you have a lot of money and lots of time, go for the Elevators.
8) We have no money and no time. We took the stairs.
Oh, and, it can be cold in Paris in August. I was not so smart and packed shorts and summer dresses. They were covered in a bright yellow Marmont raincoat the whole week. I was -that- American tourist.
No lines for the stairs!
The view from the first floor
We went back to the Tour Eiffel on our last night in Paris to see the light show. It was as beautiful as the tower is tall. I don't think John was so excited about it, but once it started he understood why I had to see it. Mesmerizing.
Happy Wednesday Everyone!
If you want to see the rest of the pictures from our trip to the Eiffel Tower, visit here (shutterfly) or here (facebook).